At Geneva Day School, we believe it is important to teach our children about giving back. While students learn about being a good friend and helping each other, our staff and families share a spirit of giving. While we are a small school, we have decided to pool our collective efforts and have different classes lead monthly philanthropic campaigns on behalf our local community.
Our remaining philanthropy projects for 2016-2017 include:
January 3-February 3: Winter Clothing Drive for Linkages to Learning
Team leader: All Day Class
We will be collecting new and gently used winter clothing (coats, hats, mittens/gloves and scarves) to be donated to Linkages to Learning, who will then distribute them via local schools to families in need. As you get purchase new hats and gloves for your family, please consider getting some extras to donate. Got new hats and gloves as holiday gifts that you’re not in love with, regift them!
February 1-17: Cereal Drive to benefit Manna Food Center
- We will be collecting boxes of cereal through Friday, February 17. Share the love and donate a box or two of cereal to help local families in need. All types and sizes are appreciate, especially nutritious ones.
- Cereal Drive 2017
March: Support the GPA’s Annual Auction
Each year the Geneva Parents Association holds and annual auction, our biggest fundraiser of the year. This is a great time to give back to Geneva, by supporting the auction.
- Donate or solicit an item for our online auction or mini silent auction at our Spring Social.
- Contribute a bottle of wine for our Instant Wine Cellar.
- Don’t know what to give? Donate cash in any amount!
- Bid in our online auction!
- For complete information, visit http://tinyurl.com/jz8efcy
April 3-28*: Non-perishable food drive for Manna Food Center
Team leader: Open Classroom & Ms. Landres’ class
We will be collecting non-perishable foods (canned, boxed, etc.) to support the many families in need here in Montgomery County. Grocery bags will be sent home with our students along with a wish list of items from Manna Food Center.
More information to follow.
*Note: Geneva Day School will be closed April 10-17 for spring break.
May 1-19: St. Jude Trike-a-Thon to support St. Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
- This event helps teach children tricycle and riding toy safety in a fun way. We will send home flyers with students and post a link here as the event nears. Stay tuned.