November 15 & 16 by appointment only
Screening performed by skilled occupational therapists from The Treatment and Learning Centers will take approximately 30 minutes. The cost is $35 and includes assessment results and written feedback.
To learn more or to schedule an appointment, RSVP to email@example.com.
- Tips for Transitioning to School
- Recommended Books for Transitioning to School and Preschool
- "Our Morning Routine Isn't Working - 6 Ways to Fix It Now"
- When to Keep Sick Children Home from School_CDC
- Positive Parents: 10 Things That Are More Important Than Discipline
- A Parent Guide to Regulated Child Care, MSDE, 12/07
- Maryland Child Passenger Safety Law 2008
- Epi-Pen Recall 4/3/17
Families from Geneva Day School use a variety of wonderful professional resources in our community and online. If you are looking for evaluation or consultation by a specialist, you may want to consider one or more of the following resources. Others are also available from the Director.
Speech and Language Therapy:
- Christine Kruszewski ("Mrs. K"): 301-977-2785 , works at GDS
- Shannon Lindstrom: 301-469-0657, can work at GDS
- Catherine Sharma: 301-980-9915, can work at GDS
- The Treatment and Learning Center (TLC): (301) 424-5200
- Jackie Proto: 301-424-4831, works at GDS
- Handwriting Specialist and OT, Todd Misura: 301-741-1325
- Social Skills Groups, Social Skills with Jackie: 301-424-4831, focusing on motor, language and behavior in social settings
Family Social Worker:
- Judy Frank: 301-762-0145, specializes in children & families
- Dr. Cheryl Holland, Ph.D: 301-962-0800, therapy for preschoolers, elementary children and their families
- Dr. David Eddie, Ph.D.: 301-881-5981, therapy for families and young children
- Dr. Ruth Spodak, Ph.D: 301-770-7507, psycho-educational evaluation and placement counseling
Other Community Agencies:
- Child Find, including for Infants & Toddlers: 301-929-2222, free county screenings and referrals
- Community Outreach in Education (CORE): 301-469-0228, specialists in occupational, speech and behavior therapies; consults with and at GDS
- Treatment and Learning Center (TLC): 301-424-5200, screening, evaluation, specialists and specialized school programs
- Early Intervention Therapists: 301-468-9343, pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapies
- National Speech/Language Therapy Center: 301-493-0023
- Handwriting Without Tears
- Geneva Presbyterian Church: 301-424-4346